Friday, April 15, 2005

Berliner luft



In the beginning of March I went to Berlin for the weekend. It was a spur of the moment trip. I flew EasyJet to Berlin Schönefeld – not sure I’m ever going to do that again. Compared to Tegel Airport getting to and from the city center to Schönefeld is a drag. It’s also a very tiny airport not really in any capacity to handle the passengers going through – not enough chairs to go around is just not coo.

I had gotten a very good deal on Hotel Sylter Hof , it's close to Kurfurstendam and all the sights in the western part of the city. It’s a very 70's hotel, but clean and well kept. I got upgraded to a suite and actually had more square meters than I do in my apartment.

Only really annoying thing about the place: The bar is right in the lobby in it get’s very smoky when you come in a night.

When I go to places I’ve visited often – and Berlin is one of those places being the closest capitol to Copenhagen – I usually go to old haunts and places I’ve been before. But I do try to see new things, and I usually get there by tram.

I love trams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home